btw this isn’t the first time Penelope Trunk has been trash
ignoring the fact that white women make more than woc
There’s this article called The Terrible Career Advice Women Give Each Other with such gems as:
- You can wait to have kids. There’s no rush. Of course there’s a rush. Your chances of having a Down Syndrome babyskyrocket after you are older than 35. (How ableist of you! Also nice job assuming every woman wants to have children or can even have children)
- Again she says don’t report sexual harassment “This was good advice for the 1970s, when people didn’t believe it was happening. But now everyone knows it happens all the time.” So, bc we know it happens we should….ignore it? Instead of trying to make the workplace safer…we should…get over it?
- But we also know that there is no longer a salary gap between men and women, BUUUUUULLLLSHITTTT yes the salary gap is much smaller between white women and white men but WoC still make less than their white coworkers and still make less than MoC
this entire article is trash
- Go to the gym. There are some things you can’t control, but you can control your weight.
- And, of course, fit people are better looking. You might not have a god-given set of great gams, but drop sets in the weight room can give you a great butt. And people want to hire attractive people.
- In fact, you are more likely to do well at work if you are good-looking than if you are smart
- Don’t complain. The people who are first to bitch about how people should see beyond appearances are usually those who are fearful of being judged by their looks — and the ones, I might add, who aren’t exercising enough.
- Feminists said women should not kowtow to the media by dying their hair to hide the gray. Now, of course, it’s a nonissue: Women of every age color their hair, and so do men. Why? It makes them look better. And it’s fun.
- So, here’s my advice to new grads: Tell your parents you want plastic surgery as a graduation gift. Hate those thin lips? Fatten them up. It’ll help you land the job.
i really hate the attitude a lot of men have about how women are so different and mysterious and hard to understand, as if women are some kind of foreign species and not fellow human beings and then complain about women being unapproachable and ‘prude’
you don’t get to put me on a pedestal and then complain about me being out of reach
"you don’t get to put me on a pedestal and then complain about me being out of reach”
I’ve never heard wiser words.